“The ‘learners’ are the people who take on challenges… who thrive in the face of difficulty… Why would anyone become a non-learner?” Carol Dweck explains why educators and parents should want “achievement to come as a by-product of vigorous, meaningful, and effective learning.”
Further information and related resources (including slides from this presentation) are provided below the embedded video.
Stanford Professor Carol Dweck’s pioneering research — popularized in her classic book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, and more recently represented in Bronson and Merryman’s NurtureShock — has led to our understanding of the ‘growth mindset’ in teaching and parenting, and fundamentally changed our approaches to both. I shared a story yesterday morning with faculty about how, having grown up in Los Angeles, I might see a movie star in the market and shrug. But then I join a call with today’s presenters, and hear Dr. Dweck’s voice, and think things like “I’ll never wash this phone again.” -CT
- Covenant to Help Inspire Learning and Development (C.H.I.L.D.)
- Educators and Parents Gather to Transform Teaching and Parenting (Press Release)
- Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Info about #PSP2012)
- Videos from #PSP2012: Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Index)
SLIDES FROM THIS PRESENTATION:
CFED on twitter
- @SupportRequests #62239541 5 months ago
- (via Antonia Darder, Reinventing Paulo Freire, 2002: https://t.co/tkJ9THm2Nt) https://t.co/gUxtrh9lea 2 years ago
- RT @truthout: A New Generation Reclaims #MLKDay in Chicago http://t.co/W7ZhWPaWGk @bullhorngirl @may20p #ReclaimMLKChi #MLKDay2015 #MLK 3 years ago
- #MustWatch video on culture & curriculum from the Chicago Grassroots Curriculum Taskforce (@cgct) http://t.co/iAUxi24tBx (HT @VLA_Principal) 3 years ago
- "Democracy must be fertilized with schools that practice community and collaboration..." @plthomasEdD: http://t.co/TGJXj9n958 3 years ago
CONTACT USFor further information please contact us below.