Ken Kay addresses our education system’s overemphasis on content mastery and memorization — and explains the importance of critical thinking and problem solving, self-direction, and creativity and innovation as vital 21st century skills.
Further information and related resources (including slides from this presentation) are provided below the embedded video.
A leading voice in education for more than a decade, Ken Kay was the co-founder and President of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21). He is the founder and CEO of EdLeader21, a national professional learning community for education leaders, and the co-author, with Valerie Greenhill, of The Leader’s Guide to 21st Century Education. I have learned more from Ken Kay than from anyone else about the importance of a school-wide vision for effective learning, and about the urgency of a school-wide culture of continuous improvement. -CT
- Covenant to Help Inspire Learning and Development (C.H.I.L.D.)
- Educators and Parents Gather to Transform Teaching and Parenting (Press Release)
- Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Info about #PSP2012)
- Videos from #PSP2012: Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Index)
SLIDES FROM THIS PRESENTATION:
CFED on twitter
- (via Antonia Darder, Reinventing Paulo Freire, 2002: https://t.co/tkJ9THm2Nt) https://t.co/gUxtrh9lea 1 year ago
- RT @truthout: A New Generation Reclaims #MLKDay in Chicago http://t.co/W7ZhWPaWGk @bullhorngirl @may20p #ReclaimMLKChi #MLKDay2015 #MLK 2 years ago
- #MustWatch video on culture & curriculum from the Chicago Grassroots Curriculum Taskforce (@cgct) http://t.co/iAUxi24tBx (HT @VLA_Principal) 2 years ago
- "Democracy must be fertilized with schools that practice community and collaboration..." @plthomasEdD: http://t.co/TGJXj9n958 2 years ago
- RT @VLA_Principal: When curriculum acknowledges the history, culture and interests of students...students will be more engaged. #edchat #vlastyle 2 years ago
CONTACT USFor further information please contact us below.