Sir Ken Robinson concludes the morning sessions of “Teaching and Learning at Home and at School” by inviting educators and parents to collaborate in the design of a covenant of shared principles to transform our schools. First, Robinson identifies an agenda of issues on which we need to focus as we move forward: vexing economic, cultural, and personal challenges with which our education system has not caught up. Then, Robinson asserts that our current system is incapable of dealing properly with these challenges, owing to a ‘command and control mentality’ among political leaders, and invites stakeholders at the grassroots level — in our classrooms, and in our homes — to create an agenda not just for reform, but for transformation.
Further information and related resources are provided below the embedded video. To advance the presentation to key transitions, drag the slider to the indicated timeframes:
1 | THREE MAJOR CHALLENGES TO EDUCATION SYSTEMS [1.40 – 11.09]]
2 | AN AGENDA NOT JUST FOR REFORM, BUT FOR TRANSFORMATION [11.10 – 19.17]
Sir Ken Robinson is an internationally recognized educator, writer, and presenter. Renowned author of Out of Our Minds: Learning to Be Creative and The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything, Sir Ken’s TED talks have been viewed by an estimated 200 million people worldwide. I owe a direct and personal debt of gratitude to Sir Ken, for helping me to find my voice, and my passion, and my faith in what we do just a few years ago, when I was seriously debating whether to throw in the towel on this line of work. Sir Ken has been an instrumental and supportive voice in our initiatives to design experiences like these — and regretted his inability to make it to Los Angeles for this so much, that he volunteered to contribute these comments to our discussion today. -CT
- Covenant to Help Inspire Learning and Development (C.H.I.L.D.)
- Educators and Parents Gather to Transform Teaching and Parenting (Press Release)
- Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Info about #PSP2012)
- Videos from #PSP2012: Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Index)
CFED on twitter
- (via Antonia Darder, Reinventing Paulo Freire, 2002: https://t.co/tkJ9THm2Nt) https://t.co/gUxtrh9lea 2 years ago
- RT @truthout: A New Generation Reclaims #MLKDay in Chicago http://t.co/W7ZhWPaWGk @bullhorngirl @may20p #ReclaimMLKChi #MLKDay2015 #MLK 2 years ago
- #MustWatch video on culture & curriculum from the Chicago Grassroots Curriculum Taskforce (@cgct) http://t.co/iAUxi24tBx (HT @VLA_Principal) 2 years ago
- "Democracy must be fertilized with schools that practice community and collaboration..." @plthomasEdD: http://t.co/TGJXj9n958 2 years ago
- RT @VLA_Principal: When curriculum acknowledges the history, culture and interests of students...students will be more engaged. #edchat #vlastyle 2 years ago
CONTACT USFor further information please contact us below.