We expect all students to demonstrate proficiency in math . . . Why not in cultural competence? Dr. Steven Jones invites educators and parents to shift our conversations about diversity from ‘cultural sensitivity’ to cultural competencies — and explains how these skills are essential for all children’s developing abilities to think critically, to communicate, to collaborate, and to solve problems.
Further information and related resources (including slides from this presentation) are provided below the embedded video.
Dr. Steven Jones is a leading voice in the areas of diversity, inclusion, and cross-cultural competency in learning communities. He has influenced countless public and private educational institutions, corporations, and city/government agencies as the CEO of Jones & Associates Consulting, Inc. Dr. Jones is also the first person of African descent to be ordained as a Buddhist Monk. If you are familiar with the NAIS Principles of Good Practice for Equity and Justice, you have Dr. Jones largely to thank. He has, at once, once of the most commanding and assuring voices, and one of the most infectious laughs. -CT
- Covenant to Help Inspire Learning and Development (C.H.I.L.D.)
- Educators and Parents Gather to Transform Teaching and Parenting (Press Release)
- Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Info about #PSP2012)
- Videos from #PSP2012: Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Index)
SLIDES FROM THIS PRESENTATION:
CFED on twitter
- (via Antonia Darder, Reinventing Paulo Freire, 2002: https://t.co/tkJ9THm2Nt) https://t.co/gUxtrh9lea 1 year ago
- RT @truthout: A New Generation Reclaims #MLKDay in Chicago http://t.co/W7ZhWPaWGk @bullhorngirl @may20p #ReclaimMLKChi #MLKDay2015 #MLK 2 years ago
- #MustWatch video on culture & curriculum from the Chicago Grassroots Curriculum Taskforce (@cgct) http://t.co/iAUxi24tBx (HT @VLA_Principal) 2 years ago
- "Democracy must be fertilized with schools that practice community and collaboration..." @plthomasEdD: http://t.co/TGJXj9n958 2 years ago
- RT @VLA_Principal: When curriculum acknowledges the history, culture and interests of students...students will be more engaged. #edchat #vlastyle 2 years ago
CONTACT USFor further information please contact us below.