Everyone wants an ‘excellent’ education for their children and their students. But what does that really mean? Yong Zhao examines the misconceptions of national education policy, the myth of the ‘model minority,’ how teachers can help keep other people’s children out of their families’ basements, and why everyone is in love with Chinese education . . . except the Chinese.
Further information and related resources (including slides from this presentation) are provided below the embedded video.
Yong Zhao is the Presidential Chair and Associate Dean for Global Education at the University of Oregon, where he is also Weinman Professor of Technology and Professor in the Department of Educational Measurement, Policy, and Leadership. He has published over 20 books and 100 articles, including the seminal Catching Up or Leading the Way and the more recent and equally brilliant World Class Learners. His works focus on the implications of globalization and technology on education, and he is perhaps the only person capable of citing both Thomas Friedman and Lady Gaga in the service of his explanations of each. -CT
- Covenant to Help Inspire Learning and Development (C.H.I.L.D.)
- Educators and Parents Gather to Transform Teaching and Parenting (Press Release)
- Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Info about #PSP2012)
- Videos from #PSP2012: Teaching and Learning at Home and at School (Index)
SLIDES FROM THIS PRESENTATION:
CFED on twitter
- (via Antonia Darder, Reinventing Paulo Freire, 2002: https://t.co/tkJ9THm2Nt) https://t.co/gUxtrh9lea 1 year ago
- RT @truthout: A New Generation Reclaims #MLKDay in Chicago http://t.co/W7ZhWPaWGk @bullhorngirl @may20p #ReclaimMLKChi #MLKDay2015 #MLK 2 years ago
- #MustWatch video on culture & curriculum from the Chicago Grassroots Curriculum Taskforce (@cgct) http://t.co/iAUxi24tBx (HT @VLA_Principal) 2 years ago
- "Democracy must be fertilized with schools that practice community and collaboration..." @plthomasEdD: http://t.co/TGJXj9n958 2 years ago
- RT @VLA_Principal: When curriculum acknowledges the history, culture and interests of students...students will be more engaged. #edchat #vlastyle 2 years ago
CONTACT USFor further information please contact us below.